A young black male who writes screenplays with nothing better to do with his time than to not make money, desperately contemplates to come up with the ultimate blog.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Not Nearly Enough--Archive

My First Poem in Years
Current mood: crappy
Category: Writing and Poetry

Not Nearly Enough

by Nari "Expirasin" Ponder

I don't care too much

Not about you to cry

Not nearly enough to call

The phone doesn't ring anymore

But a thousand ring tones abroad

I'll walk among the road

There where the raccoon died

Sidelined

I could ask for life and its fruit

Oh how my mind feeds through artificial light

I'm dying soon, but not tonight

There's too much to be done

I will work for nothing

And feel nothing in return

But something lies

In which I feel despair

Fragile words in Word

Time unfolds but only in happy unwrapping

The sorrow ones wait long for presents

And need help down the stairs

Only to find socks once again

Bring me the one who buys one candy

And hands over the wisdom of infants

Bring me their company

Evidence of importance

And I will deny thee

For I have no one

Until they care not too much

Not about me to cry

Not nearly enough to call

No comments: