A young black male who writes screenplays with nothing better to do with his time than to not make money, desperately contemplates to come up with the ultimate blog.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Desperate Thinking: No Iron for Old Characters

20 Apr 2008

Desperate Thinking: No Iron For Old Characters
Current mood: artistic
Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

You my friend, are in for a surprise. You see, I have news and experiences for you. I don't know if these experiences will change your life, you may even feel like these times of literary consumption may be a waste of your time. For that, I apologize. But without your approval, and in need of your review, I bring you DESPERATE THINKING...


AND SHOUT OUT GOES TO STACY DASH FOR STILL HAVING IT AT THE AGE OF 41 YEARS... ROAR, GIRLFRIEND!!!!!

1. I just got off from a very disappointing date experience. It wasn't that I was starting all the conversation or actions. It wasn't the fact she complained about the food and bitched about it halfway through the end of dinner. It wasn't the fact it was at HOOTERS (There's NOTHING wrong with HOOTERS). It wasn't that she came in with her work uniform on. It was simply because she wants to be, in my eyes, a mother and NOT a female companion.

2. Since you weren't there, I'll give you a list of things she said during our "Intergender Night Out"...
a. You can't drink any beer (SHIIIIIIIT...)

b. It's time for you to get a haircut isn't it?

c. When is your sister gonna pick you up? (My sister? I'll call whoever's gonna pick me up! Let ME worry about that ma'am!)

d. Is that a hair in my cheesestick? Where did that hair come from? I don't like the service here, you don't know where that hair came from (This goes on for 20 minutes...)

e. Don't cuss there's kids in here! Matter fact, why are there kids in here? Kids don't need to be in a place like this, etc.

3. After various talk of the same rantings (And me paying the full tab, she got the tip) I was ready for more fun and games. How bad could it get? There were plenty of things to do on a Saturday evening. The sun hadn't even gone down yet in the bright Memphis sky. Need I note that we've been talking for two months and this is our first accomplished night out. And this is what she tells me... she doesn't want to watch a movie, she's tired and she says she wants to go home. No wonder I BS around talking to her. So I tell her to drop me off at the mall so I can enjoy myself.

4. BTW, what is more fun than playing Soul Caliber 2, kicking people's butts at it, judging books by their cover at the bookstore, drinking $2 vanilla milkshakes, checking out bad DVD covers, and talking to your best buds on the celly?

5. Once again, bad letdowns aside, I am not a romanticist. I'll be polite to YOU, but in return I gotta be ME. I'm 22 years old and I have NO PLANS of settling down anytime soon. I'm too happy being able to wake up in the morning knowing I have another day to live. I don't usually talk of my flaws, but do you know how long it took for me to build up the confidence I have now? It didn't come easy because I'm not the best looking guy in the world. But I was born with moebius syndrome, what's Coolio's excuse? Do I really have to hold myself over just to validate myself with the existence of another human being that I'm not crazy about? I think not. I've got to cut this whole situation out the way soon, I don't wanna end up getting my ass kicked over a myspace blog. It can happen, so says the news...

6. And now, I'd like to reveal the winner of last entry's short film contest entry... RIVAL. Personally I wanted to do The Island of Doom, but that is something I feel is very special, in other words if it has to be done it must be uncensored. Not very appropiate for a public contest entry I say. And how's this for a publicity stunt? My bud Grace Rivera (check top friends) will be written as the main star. If I win, I'll do what I can to get her to star in the film. But of course, first thing first.

7. My heart is pacing for May 9th to come and go. If I don't get a letter from Turner Broadcasting by May 9th then its goodbye trainee opportunity and bye bye ATL opportunity for now.

8. Now, I'd like to ventilate on pop culture again. For those who know, I've been pretty crazy about the upcoming Iron Man movie even though I'm not an Iron Man fan. RDJ is a surprisingly good Tony Starks, and the technology CGI of this film is badass! But... I will not be watching the Iron Man movie this summer. But why...?

9. Terrence... Howard. Stop doing movies... I've been watching you ever since you did those lame ass UPN sitcoms back in the day (Remember Sparks?). Seeing you get those Affirmitive Action roles you've been beating Taye Diggs for is getting on Hollywood's nerve. They don't want to hurt your feelings because you're black, but since I'm black I'll be honest with you. YOUR EXPRESSIONS ARE WEAK. STOP TRYING TO BE DENZEL WASHINGTON!! IF YOU'RE NOT INTO RAP, DON'T DO A RAP MOVIE! I DON'T CARE IF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS A CHALLENGE OR NOT! THERE ARE JUST SOME THINGS YOU DON'T TOUCH! And Howard? If what I'm saying isn't true, then why were you cast as a supporting character for the upcoming "Luke Cage" film? You look just like Cage, so why did Tyrese get the role and you got a backseat ride instead? Go ahead and hesitate your answer, I'll wait...

10. I think I've said enough for now guys. I'd like to say hello to all those new friends I've linked up to myspace recently. I may not have time to get to know you all, but I hope you check this blog out because its dear to me and reminds me to keep doing what I love no matter what the consequence may be. A lot of people have died just to be able to speak their mind and I'm out of harm's way living with my mother, father, sister and nephew talking about a boring date and someone who is obviously on the grind, fulfilling their dreams. I can't blame anyone for being who they are because my distaste in what they do is all in good taste. I would never wish sorrow or death on anyone at anytime. But if writing this blog means that you'll notice the error of your ways and possibly doing something about it, so FREAKING BE IT!!


Good day everyone, I'm going to drink some Wu-Yi tea for my weight...

--Expirasin

No comments: