A young black male who writes screenplays with nothing better to do with his time than to not make money, desperately contemplates to come up with the ultimate blog.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Desperate Thinking: Archived

22 Jul 2007

Creative Writing: Writing Blocks
Category: Blogging

Before I start the following... allow me to remind those I love and work with with this quote... FUCK ELVIS, FUCK MEMPHIS, AND FUCK THREE BITCH MAFIA!!!!! Now, before I get my ass handed to me the next time I leave the house and enter the public, let's start another Creative Writing...

1. Today the guys at Adult Swim, AKA Cartoon Network, ended my favorite superhero spinoff show, Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law, with the death of Hanna Barbera's most underestimated superhero. In the midst of thousands, my opinion wouldn't mean a lick of spit on a message board, so I feel comfortable spilling a bit of my soul here.

2. I first became witness to Birdman at the age of 7 when my parents moved to Jacksonville, FL due to my former stepfather David being called by the Navy. To make a long story short, we got cable, cable had Cartoon Network, and I had to do something to occupy my weekends. So, I watched TV and lots of it. Before there was any Toonami or Miguzi, Cartoon Network used to air a compilation of super hero toons as a block called "Super Adventures". The concept was lame, but it worked for me because if it involved bright colors and flying, I was fucking there.

2. As much as I would love to, I would be wasting my time telling you who Birdman was because his identity is no longer exclusive anymore. Millions of people know who Birdman is now, in contrast to the thousands who knew of him in the past and didn't care of him. And if you don't know, Google it or something. In a sense, it saddens me because today, when you mention Birdman in the pop culture generation, you don't see a superhero, you see a comedic adult cartoon. That's NOT what he was made to be!! I understand evolution and skinning a cat in more ways than one but this is ridiculous!

3. Its one of things that have been a thorn in my mind for well over a year now, and that is the science of bringing back the past in an outdated generation. Do you appreciate what was and let it rest where it remains, or do you bring it back to relive the name but only by sacrificing its ideal purpose in the first place?

4. How can I say this in a way that we can all relate? Try this: Imagine Mike Tyson in his prime. Young, determined, naive, and dangerous. He spent the first ten years of his career being called the most dangerous man on the planet considering what short work he made of his opponents. But, ten years later, he has become a new man. The same body concealing the name and reputation, but more evolved and only seen fit for a new way of life... NOT the way we are all accustomed to.

5. Despite these changes, he is brought back to the ring to fight anyway because that's the glory he's used to. The results are horrible. He can't defend himself, the speed is gone, and he doesn't want to fight to begin with (Except for paying the bills). But remember, THIS IS MIKE TYSON!! He was made to fight right? Yes, but only for so long. No matter what we do, no matter what anyone will do, everyone will be outdated and outmatched by time.

6. It hurts me because everyone has a particular moment in which they call "The Good Ol' Days". I'm used to the fact that things change and people come and go, that's fucking nature. But what tools are used to make an impression on the world and WHAT impression they make, that's what freaks me out. Will there ever be a moment or an era, or even an item, that remains as idealistic as it was intended to be?

7. Was Show and Tell made to help develop the presentation skills of children, or to help us find out who the bragging-ass jocks were first hand?

8. There's also something else I have to mention, since I know there are a few someones out there who read my material without being on my friend list (No, I'm not going to make my opinions private to stop them). I don't like message boards, as you see I addressed them earlier in this article. They serve a nice purpose, and I've been known to join more than a few, but the commitment is unbearable. Nearly everyone claims to have a name and agenda, but at the same time almost no one reveals their true face, and reading someone's opinion on text gets really repetitive (Who am I to talk, huh?). Not to mention the cyberbullying and internet fight drama. That shit is fucking annoying. I get tired of getting emails regarding some prick I'm probably never gonna see in real life, talking about "Expirasin you're a nigger" and "Slit your wrist" and the like.

9. If you don't have sense enough, or the self-confidence, to say goodbye to the people holding you back, perhaps you should just take a deep breath, and reconsider a new approach at life other than the one you're using now. Never, ever, and at all times, pay attention to the haters.

10. Lastly, I guess all I can say now is stay cool man. There's so much to see and do out there, but there's also a helluva lot to fall victim to. So just enjoy yourself. And if life doesn't give you lemons, make some lemonade flavored KOOL-AID instead. There's always another way. It doesn't all have to end according to plan.

Take care,

--Expirasin. And if you see another Expirasin, he's a fucking fake.

PS: For a great musical experience check out my boy Donald Glover AKA MC DJ at www.childishgambino.com

No comments: