A young black male who writes screenplays with nothing better to do with his time than to not make money, desperately contemplates to come up with the ultimate blog.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Desperate Thinking: Archived

16 Jun 2007

Creative Writing: The Second Hangover
Current mood: indescribable
Category: Dreams and the Supernatural

Creative Writing: The Second Hangover

  1. I can honestly say the most satisfying time of my life (Besides the time I spend with my current best friend Otha) was any moment I could throw away my troubles with life and all of my fallacies by taking the time to daydream. It didn't necessarily have to be about myself, it could have been about someone else or a certain event.
  2. How come every time I dream of having a child, it always turns out to be a nightmare?
  3. One night I had a dream that I was half-asleep in my bed watching TV and my own self burst through the door trying to wake me up, but I wouldn't wake up. And it was one of those first-person view dreams so it was like: "Nari, Nari, wake up! Wake up!" And you can rest assured I woke up scared out of my ass that night.
  4. I can't wait to buy a pet of my own. My whole life I've always taken care of pets that were my parents pets, so I would just call them my own. I've NEVER gone to a pet store or kennel or wherever the hell you get pets, and said "Hey, I want that motherfucker right there!" Maybe after I move out.
  5. Speaking of moving out, orientation for my slave labor at the zoo is on Thursday. Wish me luck and I'll wish you euphoria.
  6. Myspace is perfect for those people who have friends but just don't want to talk to them. You know those people you like but if you're on the phone with them all you say is "So, what you doing? Oh, for real? I'm not doing nothing either." Then you have to sit and listen to them talk about the weather.
  7. I know I've got a good friend when I can just be on the phone with them and say absolutely NOTHING. Longest time without saying anything: Otha, with 5 minutes. Shortest time, Melissa with 3 seconds. No, she's not a long talker, but if you don't say anything after a few seconds she'll assume the conversation's over.
  8. Life knocked at my door selling opportunity. I answered it and it handed me rotten lemons.
  9. The new season of the Boondocks is up for September. I hope its more than nigga jokes and BET putdowns. That stuff is only good for the first three viewings.
  10. When I was 14, I used to love going to the skating rink in Meridian, MS just to wait for the part where we had to take off the skates and do crunk dancing. No, not that shit that you see on TV with that Tommy the Clown nuisance. I'm talking about getting in a crowd and pushing everyone around with you shoulders and your hands while jumping like mad men. You can't do that to songs you hear today. Unless you WANT to be soft.

Alright, that's it for today. Congrats to my bud Christina for graduating the Hellhole known as ITT Tech. She's the only ITT alumni where I can happily say she makes my computer work look like shit. And not even good shit. That shit that you have to wipe off with several piles of toilet paper because its stuck to you.

No comments: