A young black male who writes screenplays with nothing better to do with his time than to not make money, desperately contemplates to come up with the ultimate blog.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Desperate Thinking: Archived

19 Jul 2007

Creative Writing: A Time for living...
Current mood: contemplative
Category: Blogging

A lot has gone on since the last submission I posted regarding my miscellaneous views using the 10% of my brain I'm allowed to. Let's begin...

1. I realized I have an obsession. An obsession with NOT wearing t-shirts. Everyone I know has at least one shirt in which they support something they like, want to say, etc. But me, I have nothing but single-colored shirts in my closet. Maybe I'm TRYING not to be fashionable as a fashion statement. OR it could be that every single colored shirt out there goes with blue jeans.

2. I said to myself, starting this fall, I'm going to break this habit by designing my own t-shirts and wearing them. But last time I did that (I had a shirt that said HOW AM I WALKING? CALL 1800-BLAH BLAH), everyone stopped me wherever I went and kept asking me "Why did you get that?" and "You don't seem like a bad walker to me". Well sure, if I'm addressing my flaws openly on a t-shirt! I'll think it over more and see what happens.

3. For those wondering, the Yenny movie is doing wonderful. Here's the plot: Yenny enters a scandalous beauty pageant, and her family is stuck dead in the middle of it.

4. I started new work at the Memphis Zoo last week as a photographer. It's a cool experience to talk about now that I'm used to the slaughter of being a pawn in the game of a million dollar organization. All I can hear sometimes is the constant rattling of HI WELCOME THE ZOO, PLEASE SQUEEZE TOGETHER AND SMILE FOR A QUICK PHOTO! When one of the rules for your job is to tell the customer what to do instead of asking them, you know you're a slave to capitalism. At least I'm getting paid.

5. And the cameras we use are hella kewl. I want to buy one of them one day.

6. Sometimes I feel that I'm only good for ideas and not their construction. It scares me because the people with ideas usually get left in the cold while the developers and distributors get the money. Do you really think the guy who invented the TV dinner is a millionaire? No, he's a retired, poor German who only got $1000 for his revolutionary idea. If you've got an idea, make it or die.

7. Let me rephrase that, there's nothing wrong with dying, just make sure its not in vain.

8. My mother told me today that Hollywood is making fun of Janet Jackson again because she gained 40 lbs. Although Janet is the one responsible for the gain, America was the motive to it. You think Janet had anything to do after the release of her last album? Nope. The sales were lackluster and the publicity barely went past BET status, which is only a few hundred thousand people. So, Janet got bored (Or depressed, whichever came first). I can tell Jermaine Dupri loves her because I think any other celeb prick would have left her by now I think.

9. Why do most men love women, but not women's sports? It stuns me because you'd think that a guy would show support at a womens game to AT LEAST try to get laid. Yeah, a lot of the girls aren't FHM status, but guys can't be picky in this generation. We've gone from warrior to whiney bitch in the last five hundred years AND FAST. Trust me fellow single heads: Get a girl's jersey and I'll bet you can get her number. She won't bite.

10. Lastly, before I enjoy the rest of my day off, I leave you with this: Transformers was an incredible visual, but horribly constructed movie. Sorry ANP.

--Nari Ponder

No comments: