A young black male who writes screenplays with nothing better to do with his time than to not make money, desperately contemplates to come up with the ultimate blog.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Desperate Thinking: Archived

20 Aug 2007

Desperate Thinking: Turning Tables for an Upside Down Cake
Current mood: accomplished
Category: Blogging

Well, there comes a time in every slacker's life in which he must face the sudden changes in his life, realize what it is he wants, and get used to shutting his coup trap. For one Nari Sherod Ponder, that time is now. And to celebrate another week of digesting nutrients and shitting out sugar… I bring to you: DESPERATE THINKING. Not that much of a switch for a blog title, but one must be crazy to continue a blog named after a High School subject created solely to be the bastard child of Composition.

  1. For those who know me well enough, you know that I can't stand living in Memphis. Not that Memphis is a bad place (Except for crime) it's just that I'm jealous of it since it reminds me of my homeland in Jackson, MS. With that being said, keep in mind that in a previous excerpt I stated (And I quote) "Fuck Elvis". I am paying dearly for having said that.
  2. I won't go into long details but it turned out as a result of having too many high school employees where I work at, Kaman's Art Shoppe needed someone over 18 to work at Graceland for the next two weeks for temporary tattoos, and I just so happen to fit in that category.
  3. This is a slap in my face for three reasons: For one, I CAN'T STAND MEMPHIS. Graceland is the epitome of Memphis. Two, I'm working at Temporary Tattoos. And three, wasn't I supposed to be spending my hard earned check on a tattoo this week? Well, not when you're participating in loaning people money I see.

Alright, that's enough bitching. There are people out there worse off than me.

  1. My blessings go out to the peeps there in Jamaica suffering through Hurricane Damn!!!! (Not Dean). I got a lot of Jamaican heritage on my bio father's side and although I don't remember their names in particular, I know I got a lot of cousins and kinfolk suffering right now.
  2. I'm almost done editing my first cartoon parody, Spongebob Squareballs, which may be done by the 23rd. It stars myself, my little brother, and my cuz D, which some of you may know as Too Clumsy.
  3. So why did I call this "Desperate Thinking" all of a sudden? It's kind of like depending on something to get a feel of things, then when you've got it all figured out, you let go of what you were holding to because you can do it yourself.
  4. This blog series was inspired by my former writing teacher (For those of you just tuning in) in Creative Writing class. The technique is dedicated to his hard work and faith in me completely, but I've been doing this to the point where I have to identify ME in order to be happy with it. And at this time of life, I am more than a creative writer. Any pussytongue can be a creative writer. I am a desperate thinker. Many of you will be able to say that, but only after I have inspired YOU to be better than me at what I do.
  5. When people say things like "Life got in the way" do they mean that other lives got in the way of theirs, or they just gave up on going in other directions?
  6. I deliberately remember saying 12 years ago, that I would never go to a school like ITT Technical Institute. 10 years later, I'm begging to God, the Devil, and the seven seas that I even get accepted. It's about time I make another unpredictable guarantee.
  7. I will never, ever in my life work in the pro wrestling industry.

And there it is! Catch you mutha fuckas later!!! PHUCK YEAH!!!!!!

--Expirasin

No comments: